Mechanical/Numerical Modeller - Contract
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer/Numerical Modeller for a fixed term contract (6 months) to support research and development of new display technologies.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- optimisation of layer structures for flexible and bendable displays to meet mechanical specifications, primarily using numerical modelling;
- evaluation of experimental results (e.g.
failure analyses) to improve models;
- summary and reporting of results and designs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or a related subject;
- knowledge of state-of-the-art materials and structures for flexible or bendable electronics or displays;
- experience in COMSOL Multiphysics® modelling of mechanical properties;
- experience interpreting results of mechanical failure analyses;
- familiarity with the designs of light-emitting devices or displays, especially OLED;
- a flexible, delivery-focussed approach with attention to detail.
Recent Graduate up to experienced Engineers will be considered.
The contract period is 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
More Jobs from re&m
- Softwar Manager/Software Team Leader/Development; C++
- Optical Instrumentation Sales Manager
- Optoelectronics Sales Manager
- FPGA/VHDL Design Engineer
- Exceptional Hardware Engineers - Grad to Principal
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Technical Graduate - Problem Solvers!
- Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electronics, Software Engineer
- Firmware Design Engineer
- Senior Electronics Design Engineer - Analogue
- Embedded Software Engineer- Cambridge; C, C++, Linux
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded
- R&D Software Engineer; Algorithms, DSP, C++, Oxford
- Software Engieer; C++, Python
- DSP Engineer, Software, Signal Processing, Sensors, Cambridge
- Graduate Embedded Software Engineer, C, C++, Cambridge
- Software Engineer, C++, C#, GUI, Imaging, Oxford
- Physics/Software Engineering, C++, North East
- Android Software Engineer- London; Java, C++