Senior Support Worker - York
Our client is recruiting for a senior support worker for an organisation that offers support for people with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health and physical disabilities.
The role is based in York.
The organisation assists people living independently in semi-independent flats/houses, to help them live an independent and fulfilling life, the life they want.
They are looking for highly motivated senior support workers who can provide high-quality support to people with learning disabilities, by listening to and understanding their needs.
To work directly with the service manager to ensure a smooth running of the service and to be a role model at all times.
A Senior Support Worker would be expected to:
To lead and motivate the team to reach individuals outcomes
To be a role model at all times and ensure the safe effective running of the service when the manager is not there
Provide support in all aspects of daily life to enable integration into the community.
Attend to the physical and emotional needs of tenants, ensuring the highest possible standard of health.
Involve tenants in all decisions and choices that affect them.
Provide support with budgeting and managing money.
Be a representative for the people they support, if required.
Treat tenants with respect, maintaining dignity and confidentiality at all times.
To apply for this role you must:
● Have recent over 12 months of experience working with adults with learning disabilities and complex needs and some experience at a senior level
● NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
Salary 8.10 per hour and £62.50 for sleep 20,000 based on 40 hours 1 sleep
You will be expected to work on a rota basis over 7 days and sleep are required.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from OurTeam
- Payroll Officer
- Electronic Security Systems Installation and Maintenance Engineer
- Team Leader - Ruskington
- Support Worker - Canterbury
- Senior Support Worker - Greater Manchester
- MAC Operative
- Facilities Events Operative
- Male Support Worker - Littleover
- Support Worker - Hereford
- 2nd to 3rd Line Support Engineer
- 2nd to 3rd Level Technical Consultant
- Facilities Coordinator
- Female Support Worker - Farnborough
- Principal Infrastructure Engineer
- Principal Drainage Engineer
- Deputy Manager - Wembley
- Electrical Projects Manager
- Driver (6.5T Truck)
- Property Manager
- Credit Controller