Part-time Assistant Retail Manager
Our client Nordic Outdoor is Scandinavian Specialist Outdoor & Lifestyle Company, having 2 sites in Edinburgh (Granton and Bruntsfield) and one in the North of England (Keswick).
They are seeking experienced candidates for the Part-time Assistant Retail Manager role in their store in Glasgow.
The role is for an immediate start and will be based in Glasgow 3 days a week.
Nordic Outdoor also have an excellent website and strong online presence.
They expect that their new Assistant Manager will have a background in retail sales.
You should have ideally a background and interest in the Outdoor industry, although training on the job can be provided.
Please indicate what your interest is in the outdoors, either in sports or otherwise.
Candidates should excel at customer service and have the ability to ensure that you meet their customer’s needs, with an ability to maximise the opportunities for each sale.
Applicants will be responsible for ordering stock and stock control, liaising with their Head Office in Edinburgh as necessary.
You should bring a passion for retail sales management providing honest advice to our customers based on a friendly approach and be able to demonstrate product knowledge to our clients who are normally very enthusiastic about the outdoors.
Nordic Outdoor believes that their staff are the most important part of their business.
To ensure the staff are kept abreast of product developments allow their customers get the best possible advice during their visits all of the staff undergo a continual programme of exceptional product training and on the job skills development.
Nordic Outdoor knows what makes a successful retail manager in the Company and they would expect the following from their candidates:
● Driving sales through customer service
● Ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the store
● Upholding Company standards for merchandise presentation
● Ensuring compliance with all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention and cash handling procedures
● Be responsible for the weekly timesheets for the site (in the absence of the manager)
● Deal with any issues about the fabric of the shop (in the absence of the manager)
● Buy local supplies as needed
● Marketing and Remarketing of the Glasgow shop as required and working hand in hand with the manager onsite
● Connecting to outside companies who could use the services that the shop has to offer
● Setting up potential discounts with appropriate local users
● Dealing with and promoting Nordic Outdoor and in Glasgow using Social Media for on the Company Facebook/Twitter accounts and using Instagram or similar to inform potential customers via Social Media of promotions etc.
● Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal/communication skills
● Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office
● Flexible availability, including weekends and holidays
● Proactive and Enthusiastic
This is a great opportunity to take this full-time permanent role and make it something for you to own as you assist their managers on each site.
On offer is a salary of £20,000 plus bonus.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: £20,000 per Annum
- Location: Glasgow and Edinburgh, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Retail
- Recruiter: Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Contact: Belinda Octaviani
- Tel: 442081239129
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: RSM-080618
- Posted: 2018-07-17 07:16:49 -
- View all Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Experienced Carpet Cleaning and Window Cleaner
- Sales Executive
- Customer Service Associate
- Inbound Sales Executive
- Account Manager
- Site Engineer/Technician
- Area Manager
- Lettings Negotiator
- TCT Cook - Gosport
- TCT Care Assistant (Days and Nights)
- Estate Agent / Sales Negotiator
- Gas Safe Engineer
- Field Service Engineer - Hampshire
- Field Service Engineer - South Bucks