Shift Engineer - Somerset
The ideal candidate will need to have experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations in a warehouse or industrial environment.
You will need to be safety aware and have a track record of solving problems and taking them through to completion.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the below:-
,Good Mechanical experience including strip-down/re-assembly
,Min NVQ3 Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering
,Basic Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
,Basic Understanding of PLC's and their function
,Basic Electrical experience including field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
,Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
,Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
,Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
,Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
,Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
,Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
,Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
,Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
,Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
,Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
,Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
,Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
,Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
,Appreciation of control systems
The candidate will need to be:-
, Ability to ‘Think on their feet'
, Flexible in hours worked
, Able to take ownership of situations
, Team player
, Quick/Keen learner
, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
, Good Organisational Skills
, Physically fit
, Comfortable working at height
Salary for the position is £34,975 plus £5,000 shift allowance.
Shifts are alternate 6 to 6 days and nights.
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from Hammond Recruitment Group
- Pest Control Sales Surveyor - East Midlands
- Water Hygiene Technician - Manchester
- Water Hygiene Engineer
- Machine Tools Service Engineer - Yorkshire
- Machine Tools Service Engineer - M4/A34 Corridors
- Machine Tools Service Engineer - M5/M40 Corridor
- Compressor Service Engineer - Worcester
- Lift Engineer - London
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Fareham
- Project Controller - Essex
- Water Treatment Engineer/Junior Account Manager - £30K-£35K
- Fire And Security Engineer
- Fire And Security Engineer - South Wales
- Fire Extinguisher Technician - North West
- HGV Mobile Technician - Essex
- Mobile Plant Fitter
- Mobile Plant Fitter
- Fire And Security Engineer - Hampshire
- Emergency Lighting and AOV Service Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Compactors & Balers Service Engineer