The global vehicle fleet runs on over 5 billion tyres.
Their maintenance is critical to safety and fuel efficiency.
Yet drivers have to rely on manual inspection for tread depth; the simple gauge for pressure.
Automation is absent.
Our client’s existing integrated system, measures tyre pressure on a moving vehicle, without sensors on the tyre or vehicle and carries out 360-degree tread depth inspection using machine vision.
Automating the process for checking the roadworthiness of a vehicle's tyres; “drive through tyre check” beckons for the private motorist, bus and logistics fleet operators worldwide.
Our client is currently working with companies throughout the UK, Europe, Asia and America,where our system is used by 1,000’s of cars and HGV’s every week.
With significant private equity funding, they is expanding its operations team to;
• Meet the challenges involved with meeting a growing market demand
• Provide a world-class customer support structure
• Build and install new equipment in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure customer SLAs are met for operation and maintenance.
The company has grown from a technical team of 4 to over 20 FTE and attracted investment to fund development and sales growth.
Come join a fast growing team, building unique technology with a global application for millions of drivers.
This role is to assist in the manufacture, installation and maintenance of their systems.
The role will be based at their offices in Begbroke, Oxfordshire but will require travel in the UK, Europe and globally.
You would be involved in the assembly of products that require skills in mechanical and electrical/electronic assembly.
The installation and maintenance of equipment will require you to be working on customer sites and liaise with customers to educate them on how to use the systems effectively.
You would be carrying out the physical installation of the equipment including working with building contractors, fixing equipment in the ground, installing electrical equipment, commissioning the equipment and carrying out test and calibration.
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
· Relevant BTEC, NVQ, HNC or HND qualification.
· Good practical ability and experience with building and maintaining electrical/electronic equipment.
· Experience with electronic manufacture including soldering, crimping.
· Practical use of tools for basic mechanical construction
· Experience using power tools for both lab and site work.
· Be confident working with customers and able to demonstrate experience of working on customer sites
· Experience of working to written or verbal work instructions.
· Computer literate with knowledge of Excel, Word, PDF reader.
· Willing to travel and work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the role.
· Full driving license for cars / light vans
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
· Use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and DMMs for test and debug.
· Cable assembly and repair
· Working with IT equipment to set-up / configure systems.
· A second language, preferably French or Spanish
The applicant should be able to:
· Show good written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be productive without direct supervision
Working hours: 7.5 hours per day, start by 9.30am, Monday to Friday
Salary range: We are looking for talented people and will match salaries accordingly
Holiday entitlement per annum: 25 days + national holidays
Applicants requiring work permit sponsorship will not be considered.
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Trainee IT Support Technician
- Store Manager - Wirral
- Store Manager - Evesham
- PR Account Executive/PR Senior Account Executive
- Contracts Administrator
- Sales Consultant
- Front of House Staff
- Senior Care Assistants Days
- TCT Care Assistants Nights
- Programmes Quality & Effectiveness Manager
- PA / Receptionist (Maternity cover)
- Part-time Sales Advisor
- Store Manager - Spalding
- Deputy Manager - Walsall