Specialist Mental Health Mentor
Our client is a leading provider of specialist mentoring services to the university and FE students.
The company provides mental health and/or autism spectrum mentoring to students who are studying part-time or full time at universities.
They are looking for a dynamic Specialist Mental Health Mentor to work with students who have a diagnosed mental health condition and are studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, being based at Oxford Brookes for a period of 3 months.
The person would be available to start immediately, reporting to the Director at this well-established, not for profit organisation.
They would be working as a contractor (freelancer) in the first instance and would be able to commit to either a) 20 hours or if preferred b) 37.5 hours per week from 23rd September to 13th December 2019 and would receive individual clinical supervision on a monthly basis.
The successful candidate will be/have:
● Registered with BACP, UKCP, HCPC, ACP, BPC, BPS, BABCP, GMC, NMC or another relevant body,
● At least 5 years experience in working with young people or adults who experience personal, social, educational, familial difficulties and/or diagnosed mental health conditions as a social worker, mental health nurse, youth worker, psychologist or another similar capacity.
● A post-graduate qualification and a Bachelor’s degree (min 2:1) with an ability to utilise this experience to appreciate the student’s context.
● High level of competence with methods to apply to work with students with complex mental health conditions.
● Interest and ability to contribute to professional service development.
● Ability to form good working relationships with others as well as an ability to work independently and part of a team.
● A genuine commitment to the development and ethos of The company involving cooperation among other specialist mentors and professionals.
● Familiarity with a multicultural perspective and experience of working with young people and/or adults from ethnic minority communities.
● Understanding of the impact of medication on the experience of learning.
The principal duties will be to:
● Provide mentoring to students studying for a qualification at university who have a mental health condition.
● Understand the impact of the student’s mental health condition (and the side effects of their medication) on their ability to learn
● Understand the impact of the mental health condition on the experience of being a university student
● Monitor the student’s mental health condition having the ability to assess risk.
● Provide an intervention that is supportive, reflective and insightful and at times practical and motivating, that will help to:
● Prevent or alleviate relapse and drop out of university
● Encourage the development of personal responsibility and resources within the student to aide their development both in learning and in their emotional life at university
● Offer practical ideas and at times study support
● Reduce the stresses of the university experience and the emotional experience of learning
● Offer feedback to the HEI about the student.
● Maintain records and to keep all student information confidential.
● Participate in clinical supervision and termly team meetings.
● Liaise with GPs, referrers and other professional workers.
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time 20 - 37.5 hours a week with the possibility of continuing work.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to email@example.com
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Ad-Hoc Engineer
- Service Desk Analyst or 2nd/3rd Line Engineer
- Executive Assistant/Social Media Manager
- Level 1 Support Specialist
- Private Equity Accounting Team Leader
- Financial Planning Analyst
- Store Manager - Chatham
- Part-time Sales People - Chatham
- Days Care Assistants
- Senior Nights Care Assistants
- Nights Care Assistants
- Customer Service Advisor
- Dynamics Solution Consultant
- Systems and Applications Developer / Analyst
- Cleaner - Guernsey