District Direct Visiting Officer
Do you enjoy making a difference to people's lives? Would you like to assist people in being discharged from hospital?
What you could be part of...
Our team of District Direct Officers work directly with the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and Adult Social Care to ensure that people are discharged from hospital as soon as it is safe for them to be discharged.
Often, it is the small, practical things that can delay this, rather than any clinical need, for example assessing if the house needs a grab rail, key safe for carers, perhaps a ramp or just a clear out of clutter.
The post holder will be working as part of a team to make this happen by visiting the property to assess what needs doing to make it safe for the patient to return home and advising the team so they can organise the actions needed.
Full training and support will be given within this established team.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services.
Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like.
Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing...
Liaising with patients' families to make discharge arrangements
Liaising with hospital staff to arrange home visits
Visiting patients' homes prior to discharge to identify any potential difficulties
Ensuring that the Team Leader is informed in the most timely manner of any factor that may delay discharge.
You must have...
Great communication skills
Full driving licence
Access to your own vehicle
Ability to work to tight timescales
What's in it for you...
Our package includes:
? 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
? Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permnent Part Time
- Rate: 23494-27576 Per Annum £23,494 - £27,576 (£14,096 : £16,545 pro rata) per annum
- Location: NR4 7UY
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SNBPSN4262
- Posted: 2022-05-12 15:51:26 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics
More Jobs from Career Kinetics
- Head of Grants Team
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant : Talent Delivery Associate
- Partner Development Representative
- Security Officers
- Security Officer
- Sales Support Engineer
- Field Applications Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Stock Condition Surveyor
- Assistant Commercial Surveyor
- Caretaker - The House
- Caretaker - The Lodge
- Drupal 8/9 Frontend Web Developer
- Technology Support Officer and Technician
- Customer Service and Administrative Assistant
- Security Agent
- Office Administrator
- Gas Heating and Breakdown Technician
- Electrical Technician
- Assistant Surveyor