Council Tax Officer
Do you enjoy working in a busy team and dealing with customers?
Broadland and South Norfolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people's lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across the two districts.
In order to achieve this, we need to collect Council Tax to pay for the delivery of our services.
This role involves being part of a fast-paced supportive team dealing with the public.
You will be friendly, polite and professional - having a good eye for detail.
Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving.
What you could be part of...
Broadland and South Norfolk Councils are in a partnership with staff working together for both Councils.
This is an exciting time to join our organisation, as you will help us continue to build our One Team ethos.
We currently have some exciting opportunities to join our One Team as a Council Tax Officer.
What you'll be doing...
? Dealing with Council Tax queries from customers by phone and correspondence.
? Working on billing and collection of Council Tax and processing changes of address and
circumstances on Council Tax accounts.
? Helping residents with their payments and understanding their bills, as well as explaining how Council Tax works.
? Learning relevant legislation to be able to accurately and correctly process changes.
? Have good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (ideally five GCSEs or equivalent to include Maths and English).
? Have excellent customer service skills
? Relevant experience in a customer facing environment and/or general administration experience
? Ensure that enquiries are dealt with, in a timely and professional manner
? Be a team player but also work on own initiative
? Have great communication skills - written and verbal
? Be able to accurately update com
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 20500-23493 Per Annum £20,500- £23,493 per annum pro rata (£7,984)
- Location: NR7 0DU
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: REC/22/00070
- Posted: 2022-06-07 15:24:48 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics
More Jobs from Career Kinetics
- Neighbourhood Manager - Social Housing
- Exercise Referral Instructor
- Money Advice Support - Financial Wellbeing Coordinator
- Security Officer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Business Support Administrator
- Station Manager
- Security Officers
- Security Officer
- Building Control Surveyor
- CIL and S106 Officer
- Maintenance Disrepair Surveyor
- Senior Asset Surveyor : Social Housing
- Homeownership Officer
- Communications Officer
- Inspectors - Traffic and Events Management
- Classroom Cover Supervisor
- Customer Insight and Research Lead - Social Housing
- Hospital Security Officer
- Security Agent